Our Fishing Guides
HEAD GUIDE & OWNER
Accreditations & Achievments:
- Tourism Certified Professional - FWG : emerit Professionally Certified Freshwater Angling Guide
- Transport Canada Certified with Small Vessel Operator Proficiency (SVOP) and MED A3, Radio Operators Certificate - Maritime
- Federation of Fly Fishers CI Certified Casting Instructor
- First Aid: Outdoor Emergency Care & Wilderness First Responder & WFA CPR & AED
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician I
- Class 4 Driver's Licence (Commercial)
- 2011 BC Loch-style Championship Team Bronze Medal Winner
- 2012 BC Loch-Style Championship Team Gold and Individual Gold Medal Winner
- 2013 Canadian National Fly Fishing Championship Team Silver Medal Winner
- 2014 Canadian National Fly Fishing Championship Team Gold Medal Winner
- 2015 Canadian National Fly Fishing Championship Team Silver and Individual Silver Medal
- 2017 Canadian National Fly Fishing Championships Team Gold Medal Winner, Individual Bronze
- 2017 Manitoba Provincial Fly Fishing Championship Winner
- 2018 Canadian National Fly Fishing Championship Team Silver
- 2018 Mark Anderson Memorial Championship Team Bronze
- Team Canada World Fly Fishing Championship Competitor - 30th Poland 2010, Italy 2011, Czech Republic 2014
- Team Canada Competitor - 2016 Commonwealth Fly Fishing Championships - Mt Tremblant
- Professional Angler for Hire: BC Hydro, CN Rail, Instream Fisheries, Golder and Associates
- Consulting: Harry Rosen - Photo Shoot | Ford Canada 2018 F-150 Q1 Commercial - Fly Casting and Consulting
Ryan is an experienced fly fishing guide in the Sea to Sky corridor, who has been teaching people how to fly fish and appreciate our local rivers since 2007. With over twenty years experience as a fly angler, and over twelve years experience as a fly fishing guide, he has developed the skills to teach anglers how to read water, effectively cast flies, and land fish. Also a professional instructor, a day on the water with Ryan will help you learn how read the river, understand what's going on with aquatic life at that time of year, and use that information to find fish.
Studying Park's and Tourism in University, Ryan moved to Squamish for it's legendary granite rock climbing, and over the next twenty years grew to love the mountain biking, ski touring, running, paddling and everything else that Squamish has to offer. Making Squamish a home gives him excellent local knowledge, and the ability to let you know what's happening, on and off the river.
Whether you're looking for a day of swinging flies for wild salmon on a big, open river, or a more technical day of trout fishing in the tributaries, Ryan's knowledge of the local rivers and mountains will help you learn to understand the river, and find the fish.
As a young boy Brandon cut his teeth fishing for warm water species in the lakes and rivers surrounding London, Ontario. In 2006 "Higgs" took up stakes and moved to the West Coast to start a new life. Upon arrival in BC all things fishing quickly became an obsession and a move to Squamish in 2011 solidified his ability to fish more frequently. A fire technician by trade Brandon is also an accomplished tier and fly fisherman and ready to make your day on the water a success. Even if the fishing is tough Brandon's contagious sense of humour and outlook on life will keep you optimistic for the next bite!
- 2017 Canadian National Fly Fishing Championships Team Gold Medal Winner
- 2018 Canadian National Fly Fishing Championship Team Silver Winner