Valley Fishing Guides Ltd. – COVID-19 Protocol
April 24, 2021
Please read this document in its entirety before booking a trip with us. This is our commitment to keep you safe and our guides safe in this time of COVID-19.
NEW April 24, 2021: Sea to Sky Travel restrictions implemented starting April 24th means that we will not be offering our services to clients from outside Sea to Sky region until May 25th. Thank you for your understanding and continued support in the effort to battle COVID-19 cases in our area.
Read more here about the Sea to Sky Travel Essential Travel Restrictions
No client will be allowed on a trip if any of the following apply:
- Exhibits the following signs and symptoms:
- Dry Cough
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
- or any flu like symptoms
- If a client becomes ill or exhibits signs or symptoms of COVID-19 they will be asked to leave.
- Anyone displaying symptoms of any illness is not permitted to go on a trip. If you don’t feel well, please stay home, and, when in doubt, get tested.
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19, or is showing symptoms of COVID- 19, please do not come to our meeting location.
- If you have travelled outside of Canada, you must self-isolate for a minimum of 14 days before you are permitted on a trip.
- You are required to digitally sign a declaration of health before starting the trip. We will email this document to you.
- You must agree to contact tracing before starting the trip.
- Should you or someone in your group test positive for Covid-19 after the trip and within 14 days, you must agree to inform Valley Fishing Guides Ltd. Valley Fishing Guides Ltd. will inform you and your group if someone that you may have been in contact with during your trip tests positive for Covid-19.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING IS REQUIRED: Clients must maintain a minimum of 2 M/ 6ft distance between themselves and the guide unless wearing proper PPE.
- Online bookings and payments are required.
- We ask that you use your own vehicle to transport to and from the fishing location(s).
- We ask that you use your own waders and boots where possible. We will provide clean and sanitized waders and boots if required.
- Following the recommendations of Health Canada, we require all customers to wear a non medical face mask or face covering at any time 2m/6ft physical distancing cannot be maintained, such as in our vehicles. We ask that you bring your own face covering to use.
- Although we clean surfaces between guests, we recommend that you bring hand sanitizer and use it every time you touch a surface in our vehicle.
- We are not providing water and are unable to fill water bottles. We are not providing food.
- Do not handle each other’s fly fishing gear.
- Any guide with signs and symptoms of COVID-19 will not be scheduled on a trip
- Any guide who has come into contact with someone who has COVID 19 within a two week window prior to the class will not be on a trip
PPE and Physical Distancing
- If physical distancing cannot be maintained PPE such as masks (commercial or improvised) glasses and gloves will be worn. Following the activity an opportunity for hand washing will be provided.
- Clients will bring their own PPE for the duration of the trip.
Valley Fishing Guides Ltd. General Practices
- Hand washing will be encouraged and opportunities provided as often as possible, for example:
Following examples that included contact with another person
- During breaks
- Before eating
- After sneezing or blowing their nose.
- Hands should be washed with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 70 % alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Clients should be reminded to avoid touching their eyes nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clients will be reminded to cover their mouth and nose with a tissue or the inside of their elbow when they cough.
- Gloves will be worn at all times when handling equipment that may have been touched by others.
- All gear will be wiped down and disinfected at the end of each day. Waders and boots will be washed with soap and water between clients.
- When physical contact is required gloves shall be worn.
- Vehicles: Ensure seats, door handles, and windows are wiped down between clients.
Please note that this document is based on the BC Health Authority and Worksafe BC directives. It may change based on new information.
Frequently Asked Questions of Guided Fly Fishing During COVID-19
Q. Are you offering Heli-Fishing Trips?
Q. Do I need to book in advance in the time of COVID-19?
A. Yes! We are currently operating with limited staff and tight schedules do to the additional cleaning required.